Monday, January 16, 2012

Passing Thoughts of 2011

Introduction: Over the past year I've seen a lot of movies. Seriously, A LOT OF MOVIES. But I do not review all of them. So I thought it would be nice to look back on the year on all the movies I either didn't review, didn't mention in my top 5 favorites or worst list, or just saw after the year already passed. Oh, and no romantic comedies. Just no...

Green Hornet: Kato? The Green Hornet car? Awesome. F*cking awesome. Seth Rogen? Cameron Diaz? Bullsh*t. F*cking bullsh*t.

Gnomeo and Juliet: Honestly, a nice little animated comedy based on Romeo and Juliet. I actually enjoyed this movie.

Drive Angry: This movie has a lot of awesome stuff (William Fichtner) in it but it just doesn't live up to it's potential.

The Adjustment Bureau: I actually really enjoyed this movie a lot. I enjoy a good story about free will vs destiny. Plus the allusions to God and angels was really well done.

Beastly: It's Twilight...mixed with Beauty and the Beast...at least it has NPH.

Rango: A chameleon is acting as a sheriff to get by in a wild west town and the chameleon is Johnny Depp?
Sign me up! A great movie!

Red Riding Hood: It's better then Twilight, I guess. The mystery is cheap, but at least the werewolf actually looks scary. And Amanda Seyfried is hotter then a skillet in July ;)

Limitless: This thriller would have been great if the villains would have actually been done better, but still a nice film to see.

Hobo with a Shotgun: Need I say more?

Hanna: Bourne is replaced with a little girl and the score is by the Chemical Brothers?! F*ck yeah I want to see this!!

Midnight in Paris: Best comedy of the year. Hands down. It's funny, well acted, and has a great message about our times and the way we perceive the past.

Hangover Part 2: It's the same f*ckign movie!! Except the Three Stooges thing is done wrong and the mystery is so easy I might as well have left 30 minutes in -__-

Kung Fu Panda 2: Same as the last one. Well, not the same story or anything. But just an enjoyable animated movie that puts a smile on your face ^_^

The Tree of Life:Well it could sure pass off as a national geographic documentary. Except this is supposed to be a f*cking movie. UGH.

Larry Crowne: I don't know what this is. Is it a romantic comedy? Is it a commentary about college? WTF IS THIS!?!?

Captain America:The first half is f*cking awesome and I am in love with it. The second half? F*ck it.

Cowboys and Aliens: Once again we have another alien movie where the invaders come naked. Why? Put on some damn pants!! Still, I like the fact that they came here for gold. Good western/action/sci-fi.

30 Minutes or Less: You know Simon Pegg in Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz? Does it seem that Jesse Eisenberg is doing the same with Zombieland and then this movie? Or is it just me?

Apollo 18: It's spider rocks...You guessed right...

Paranormal Activity 3: Sure it involves the series making even less sense but that ending was f*cking scary, surprising, and awesome.

In Time: A great message about the world now except instead of money these people have time. Sadly, the message of this film is beat over your head, a lot. Amanda Seyfried is still hot ;)

The Rum Diary: BULLSH*T!!! Though Amber Heard does win the award for hottest thing I've laid eyes on this year. Don't tell my ex though... Oh...wait...

Immortals: Do you have any idea how amazing the action scenes look like in this movie? DO YOU?!?! Just, just watch this. Especially if you have a Y chromosome.

Sherlock Holmes 2: Witty dialogue? Check. Awesome action scenes? Check. Effective villain? No check. Story that makes any sense? No check. Good thing people only come for the witty dialogue and action scenes.

Conclusion: I watch too many movies. That's really the only conclusion I can get from this...WORTH IT!!! :P